Below is information on a survey CUPW National Office has asked us to participate in. Please see below and follow the links for more information. Once you click on the link there is a “create an account” line to click on, please click on this to create your own private and personal user name and password. If you are able to spend some time to answer the questions before the deadline of April 5thit would be much appreciated.
CUPW Local 730 Edmonton
Phone: (780) 423-9000 Ext. 1
Subject: Mental Health and Job Stress Research
Sisters and Brothers,
Yesterday and today, the National office sent an email to many members inviting them to participate in a research survey. The research project is coordinated by Angeliki Pitsikoulis of the University of Québec at Montréal email@example.com. The project should help inform the union about changing job stresses and their impact on our members, and advance research about mental health at work in general.
If members have questions about the study, please let them know that it’s in the union’s interest and in the interest of workers generally, to participate. The survey is confidential and members’ responses won’t be known to the union or the employer.
CUPW 3rdNational Vice-President
Would you like to help potentially improve the working conditions of CUPW members? Please take a moment to participate in this research!
Our research aims to evaluate the workplace factors associated with workers’ well-being. More specifically, we wish to better understand the stressful situations that you experience at work, the ways in which you react to them, as well as their impact on your well-being. In addition, we wish to determine the contextual and personal resources that can help you cope with the stress that you may experience at work.
To ensure the success of this research, we greatly need your collaboration. We would be most grateful if you would take about 20 minutes of your time to complete a questionnaire. Your participation will enable us to produce a fair, objective and as complete a picture as possible of the situation as you experience it. As this research spans a period of three months, you will also be invited to answer a similar questionnaire in the spring of 2019.
Before you start the survey, there are a few important items to note:
* It’s confidential. Rest assured that your answers will remain strictly confidential and will be used for the sole purpose of this research. Thus, no member of your union will know your answers. Only our research team will have access to the information you provide.
* It’s simple. To complete the questionnaire in English, click on the following link:
Pour compléter le questionnaire en français, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant:
* Advantages. To underline our appreciation for completing our questionnaire, our research team will make a donation to the charity of your choice among a list of preselected charitable organizations, which will be presented to you at the end of the questionnaire.
* Take it before it closes. Please complete the questionnaire by April 5.
* Questions? For more information about this project, please do not hesitate to contact the project coordinator, Mrs. Angeliki Pitsikoulis, by email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for the time and energy you dedicate to our research! 😊
Doctoral student in psychology, Ph.D/Psy.D Université du Québec à Montréal
Sarah-Geneviève Trépanier, Ph.D
Professor, Department of Human resources management Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
Research Laboratory on Optimal Functioning at Work